Keep up with all the latest news, arts and culture, and TV highlights from KPBS. October 16, 2020. Friday, October 16, 2020 at You’ve got to take care of each other. On Oct. 15, join the Recording Academy for Behind The Record, a global social media initiative celebrating the producers, mixers, engineers, songwriters, composers and all the creators across all music genres who work tirelessly to make the songs and albums you love. + Subscribe to our podcasts. /*-->*/. This year's nominees include Puerto Rican rapper Anuel AA, Puerto Rican singer-songwriter Rauw Alejandro, Colombian singer Mike Bahía, Argentinian rapper Cazzu, Argentinian rock/pop band Conociendo Rusia, Colombian alt-pop Soy Emilia, Mexican pop singer Kurt, Argentinian rapper and singer Nicki Nicole, Argentinian pop singer Nathy Peluso, Colombian singer/songwriter Pitizion and Argentinian rapper Wos. Do Not Sell My Personal Information. /*-->
Responsibility for the accuracy of information provided in stories not written by or specifically prepared for the Academy lies with the story's original source or writer. The paralysis ended up being temporary, but he said he’s still recovering and using a cane to get around.

Announced earlier this year, the 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award honorees are Chicago, Roberta Flack, Isaac Hayes, Iggy Pop, John Prine, Public Enemy, and Sister Rosetta Tharpe.

Stream or tune in Friday, Oct. 16, 2020 at 9 p.m. on KPBS 2, GREAT PERFORMANCES "GRAMMY Salute To Music Legends®,", Two Sexual Assault Investigations At Different El Cajon Nursing Homes Turned Over To DA's Office, 17 Community Outbreaks, 143 COVID-19 Cases, 3 Deaths Reported In San Diego Thursday, City Committee Approves Sale of Cortez Hill Shelter, Will Head to Full Council, GREAT PERFORMANCES: Grammy Salute To Music Legends 2020, San Diego Remains In Red Tier For COVID-19, On Precipice Of Purple, San Diego County Reports 303 New COVID-19 Cases, Four Deaths, Local Democrats Angered By 50th District Candidate Campa-Najjar’s Interview With Far-Right Group, Election 2020: How To Use The KPBS General Election Voter Guide, DEA Announces Biggest Meth Bust In U.S. History In Southland, KPBS Financial Earlier this year, the Chilean singer told the Recording Academy that Norma was meant to represent where she comes from. This film will stream on the program website in concurrence with its broadcast.

Roberta Flack: “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” — Performed by Cynthia Erivo and “Where Is The Love” — Performed by Cynthia Erivo and Leslie Odom, Jr. Chicago: “If You Leave Me Now” — Performed by Philip Bailey, Sister Rosetta Tharpe: “Up Above My Head, I Hear Music In The Air” — Performed by Yola, Isaac Hayes: “Soul Man” / “I Thank You” / “You Don’t Know Like I Know” / “Hold On, I'm Comin'” / “You Got Me Hummin’” / “When Something Is Wrong With My Baby” — Performed by Sam Moore, Philip Glass: “Gee Whiz” — Performed by Laurie Anderson, Frank Walker: “Your Cheatin’ Heart” — Performed by Chris Isaak, Ken Ehrlich: “Time After Time” — Performed by Cyndi Lauper, John Prine: “Storm Windows” — Performed by Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires and “I Remember Everything” — Performed by Brandi Carlile. This episode will be available for streaming on demand for a limited time after the broadcast.

Want more KPBS news?Find us on Twitter and Facebook, or sign up for our newsletters. The nominees for the 21st Latin GRAMMYs have been announced (on Sept. 29), and this year's slate of artists in the running for Best New Artist represent a diverse lineup of talented music creators who have made a breakthrough impact on Latin music this past year. [CDATA[/* >